Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I gave my first Charla (lecture)

Yesturday, I taught 4 classes in the local school. The classes each had around 40 to 50 students who were very interested in the gringos(myself and my fellow trainees) coming to teach. Each class was only 45 minutes...and I had to speak all in Spanish! The subject of our class was "thinking about the future." The kids were funny, creative and made us all feel very welcome. Overall, it was a great experience and I am getting really excited to jump into some more teaching. After training is finished (in 2 months) I will be sent to my sight where it will be my job to teach several classes. Everyday, I learn more about our goals and tools to use to help me reach those goals. That is all for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brie,

Sorry, I read your post last week, but have been super busy, as usual. I am about to leave for Cali in a few hours, but wanted to get on and write you really quick and say hi. How fun. Brie a teacher. Ha ha. :-) I bet your a great teacher, sounds like a lot of students. That means your days are busy, which is a good thing, cuz they can go by fast. Send some pics when you get some time. Still wanting to see where it is that you live. We all miss you here, it's not as fun without ya here! ;-(. Talk with you soon.
Love,
Nicole, D, and family

Whitney said...

OH my gosh Brie teaching in SPanish! How did you honestly do that? It sounds like you are having quite the experience! When do we get pictures?!!!!! I will be emailing you soon to talk about someones wedding..shhhh I can't say who because she might read this! Ha kidding! Talk to you soon!

Whitney