Sunday, May 6, 2007

Host Family

My 3 month training has begun. I have moved in with a host family, which consists of un madre and tres hermanos (3 brothers). Everyone, is very nice and welcoming. My new pueblo is close to the town of Masaya and it is quite a busy place. There are American influences everywhere you go but it still remains very Nica! I am still getting used to the accent. I have an internet cafe 1 block from my house and 2 other volunteers within walking distance. So far so good!! I did have to take a bucket shower, which was an interesting experience...but no problema!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brie,

WOW, three brothers. That is funny, you could barely handle the one you had here. Just kidding. We love Brett. :-) Sounds like your off to a wonderful start there, and I am glad to hear you like your family. Thanks for sending some pics. Max looked at them today. Max says he loves you. :-)Anyway, I will write more at a later time. But glad your doing well. Way to go on the intermediate Spanish, whoo hoo! I knew you would be fine.
Love,
Nicole (max too)

Whitney said...

Hey Brie! How old are the 3 boys? Does the family you are staying with know any English? A bucket shower?!?!?! What was that like....did you have like a tub and just use a bucket or was it outside- just can't imagine a bucket shower?

Anyway, I am glad to hear everything is going well so far! Do you stay with this family during the whole 2 years or just for training? Sorry I am just full of all these questions!

Thanks for keeping us updated!
Whitney

jamiecd said...

Hi Brie,
You mom sent me the link to your blogspot so I figured I would check it out. I'm glad to hear that you arrived safely and that it seems like things are going well for you! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures (I'm sure there will be plenty of them!). Until then, be safe and have fun!
Love, Jamie, Eric and Olivia too!