Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Gripe (Score: Brie=0 Gripe=2)

Farwell to my host/training town. This picture shows the central park of my town. Every town in Nicaragua has a central park/gathering area.
This week was suppose to be fun and relaxing, as it marked the culmination of my 3 month training course and my official swearing in as a Peace Corps volunteer. Everyone was celebrating and having fun…except for me! I came down with a bacterial infection and I find myself sitting in an air conditioned (with wi-fi access) hotel room…so I cannot complain too much. Yet, I wish I had been able to go to the ceremony, which only happens once for each Peace Corps volunteer.

On a positive note, I am very excited to be getting to my new home and I have also been given medicine to kill the bacteria I am now harvesting. I would have a lot more to report on in this blog entry if I had gone to the swearing in ceremony (my host family did attend and I was told they had a nice time). For now, I am just glad to have indoor plumbing!!!

No comments: